The Links to Learning Community Grants Program is administered by the NSW Department of Education. The Department provides funding to NSW based approved, not-for-profit, non-government community based organisations and local government authorities to deliver targeted projects to compulsory aged (Year 6 - Year 11) students at risk of disengaging from learning and/or at risk of leaving school early.
Objectives of the Links to Learning Community Grants Program
The key objectives include:
1. CONNECT– participating schools learning and support teams identify appropriate students at risk in partnership with the Links to Learning Provider.
2. ENGAGE – students referred to a project are actively engaged in meaningful activities delivered by the Links to Learning Provider.
3. LEARN – students are provided with learning opportunities aimed at improving their education, future employment and life skills. The delivery of foundation and employability skills are a feature of all projects.
4. PLAN – – individualised plans are developed collaboratively with students by the Links to Learning Provider, to identify goals during their participating in the Links to Learning project and to identify strategies to support the students transition back to their base school.
5. TRANSITION – students are supported to transition from Links to Learning projects to engagement with learning at their base school and a return to full time attendance.
Links to Learning projects are targeted to support the following student groups:
. Students transition from Year 6 to Year 7 who have been identified by the learning and support team or welfare team as being at risk of disengaging from their learning and where there are concerns that the student will not make a successful transition to high school.
. Students in Year 7 to 11 who have been identified by the learning and support team or welfare team as being at risk of disengaging from their learning and/or at risk of leaving school early.
Links to Learning projects are spread geographically across the Department of Education’s four Operational Directorates.For projects in each Operational Directorate go to Projects.
For projects in each Operational Directorate go to Projects.